We gather regularly for instruction in the Word of God, not simply to learn knowledge about God, but that our faith in Jesus Christ might be strengthened, and that we might live by that faith in our lives. We call this kind of teaching “catechesis.” Receiving our Lord’s teaching from the Holy Scriptures is a way of life for us, young and old alike, from the cradle to the grave. Our Lord is with us wherever His Word is faithfully taught and received. Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Sunday Morning Adult Bible Class at 9:15 a.m. (Fifth Grade through Adults)
- Sunday School at 9:15 a.m. (Pre-school through Fourth Grade)
- Didache—Adult Instruction for Confirmation and Membership (Mondays at 7:00 p.m. from October through March or by special arrangement at other times)
- Youth Catechesis for Public School Confirmation Instruction (after school)
- Youth Catechesis for Academy Children (during the school day)
- Thursday Coffee Break Bible Study at 9:00 a.m. (for adults)
- To Everyone an Answer (held periodically throughout the year) Studies on contemporary challenges to the Christian faith from society, culture, and science