Updated Schedule of Services as of 3/26/2020 During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, we are thankful that “religious gatherings” are considered “essential services” in the governor’s most recent order. Our schedule of services will continue as previously announced, but we have added services on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. and Sunday at 11:45 a.m. We are still obligated to limit the number of people gathered in one room to fewer than 10 and to practice social distancing. People who live in the same household may sit together and kneel together in church. Others should leave the required space between themselves and their neighbors when choosing seats in the nave or places at the communion rail. Call the church office (262-246-3200) and reserve a spot at one of the small group Divine Services for you and your family. At other times you may call Susan Gehlbach at 262-372-4353 or call/text Sherry Prowatzke at 414-378-5793.
- If you are in a high-risk group (compromised immune system, other health problems, or elderly), we want you to take care of yourselves, shelter in your homes if necessary, and we will be happy to bring the Lord’s Supper to you.
- We will live stream the Saturday service at 4:30 p.m. and the Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. on YouTube.com during these weeks of isolation. These videos may also be viewed at a later time as your schedule allows. You will find links on the website on the Downloads > Additional Recordings page http://peacesussex.org/downloads/additional-recordings/ . Alternatively, you may go to www.youtube.com and then search for “Peace Lutheran Church Sussex”.
- If you are unable to attend services and do not have internet access, please call/text Sherry Prowatzke at 414-378-5793 and we will provide bulletins, CDs of a service, etc. for you.
- Sunday School Lessons will be emailed to parents each week.
- We encourage you to continue to support the General Fund of the congregation by dropping your offerings off at church or mailing them to Peace Lutheran Church, Box 123, Sussex, WI 53089
Our Lord Jesus promises to work in all things for our good. He will never leave us or forsake us. By His Word and Sacraments He imparts to us forgiveness, life, salvation, and the strength to face uncertain times with courage and hope. By these gifts He prepares us for the day in which we will leave this vale of tears. Now more than ever, when there is so much fear and uncertainty in the world, we need to receive Christ’s gifts.
Full Schedule During the Virus Outbreak
Please call 262-246-3200 to reserve your spot for Divine Services
Limit of 8 in the nave and 9 in the Gerhardt Room
Weekend Divine Services (common cup):
3:30 pm Saturday 7:45 am Sunday
4:30 pm Saturday (live stream) 9:15 am Sunday
5:30 pm Saturday 10:30 am Sunday (live stream)
6:30 pm Saturday 11:45 am Sunday
Monday through Friday Divine Services at 11:00 a.m. (individual cup)
- Monday and Tuesday will repeat the previous Sunday theme.
- During Lent, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will be a midweek Lenten service.
- The Lenten service will be available online.
- Those without online access may call the Church Office and we will provide you with a printed copy or CD.
Daily Chapel Monday through Friday at 8:00 and Noon
- Using the Congregation at Prayer, a homily, and the Great Litany
- Communion will be offered at the conclusion of these services for those desiring to receive.
- Currently there is no need to sign up for daily Chapel.
In-home communion for shut-ins and those who request it.
- Call the church office to request a visit
Make use of the Congregation at Prayer at Home
When you are at home, set aside time to regularly and faithfully pray and read the Scriptures utilizing the Congregation at Prayer. Know that while you are doing this in your homes with your families, the rest of the congregation is united with you in faith and prayer.
Note: Check the website each week for recordings of sermons and services, videos of services which have been live streamed, devotions from Pastor Bender, and updates from the leadership of the congregation. Our website is: www.peacesussex.org. Our administrative group will do everything we can to supply information to the elderly and others who do not have internet access.
All choirs, Coffee Break Bible Study, and business gatherings of the congregations of greater than 9 people are cancelled until further notice.
Each week, in consultation with Pastor Gehlbach and the Board of Elders, the schedule listed above will be evaluated and adjusted as needed. If you have specific needs, please contact Pastor.
A modified service schedule for Holy Week will be available next week.